Stretch you legs..this is a long one......

Hi all...I know, I know...it's about time! Lot's of things that are blog worthy have gone on...but I just havn't had a chance to sit down and type it all out. The highlight is my Dad's visit from California. It was so much fun!! On Monday, we picked him up from the "hairport" as Kimmi calls it, after the girls thought every plane in the sky was his... :) We headed over to the Mall of America, and the spoiling began :) My dad got us Krispy Kreme's for breakfast!! YUMMMMMM. Then off to Lego Land. Kurt got to spend time in the Apple Computer store, so he was in his own "play land" of sorts. Then we headed over to the Disney store, Papa got the girls each t-shirts, that were so perfect for them. We were then headed towards another area, when Becca said she just "HAD" to go into this one store, because it was "SO COOL". It had lot's of girly type things in it, kinda modern type things. I saw the biggest Scrapbooking store ever...honestly, I think it was as big as my town!! I was in my happy place!!!!! It was too overwhelming to buy anything, and the one thing I did have my eye on was too expensive. Once we had our fill of the Mall, we headed out to find lunch. Guess what we had.....give up?? WHITE CASTLE. I was in heaven... **although this trip was doing nothing for my diet** After lunch we headed home, relaxed for the afternoon, then I made dinner, (Yes, it was edible) and watched some TV, and headed to bed kinda early! On Tuesday, Kurt had to work...so Dad and I took the girls to the Minnesota Childrens Museum. It was so great! We got to talk alot on the way there and home...which I really, really enjoyed!!! And it goes without saying the the girls loved it at the museum. The spoiling continued there, and the girls walked out with the cutest Easter bracelets, and mugs with their names on them, and some books for school! After that we went to a Candy store, called CandyLand...WOW!! They each got to pick out whatever they wanted...Becca picked candy corn...(don't ask me why?) and Kimmi picked candy lego's. Then we headed home to wait for Kurt to get out of work. Then Dad took us out to Applebees...yummmmmmm...**again, not a good thing for my diet** and then spoiled again at Walmart..with a t-shirt for me, and new pj's for the girls. Then we headed home, because we had to get up soooooo early, and I mean up before the birds early, to get my Dad back to the airport for his flight home. It was a short trip...but a GREAT time!! Of course I have tons of pictures I want to post...I'll see if my personal computer consultant will help me link to a photo album so y'all can see all of them!!

Other news.....Becca is reading some....I'm so excited. They are both doing excellent with their schooling!! Dance class is going well too.

Big News!! We went swimming on Tues. night, and Kimmi now jumps off the side, and goes "under sea" as she calls it. She looks just adorable closing her eyes & puffing out her cheeks to hold her breath. She can't wait to go again. And Becca, as you know is waaay more conservative when it comes to trying new things, but even she was more daring, and floated on the toys..which is something she has never done before. I am so proud of both of them!!

I know there is more I wanna tell...but I'm drawing a blank...go figure. I need to just discipline myself to type it as soon as it happens.

Oh well.....

Until next time......

0 comments: