Oh, to come before the Father, like little children. Last night...Becca and Kimmi fell asleep on the couch, so we carried them upstairs, and put them to bed..as I was shutting the door, Becca started to cry, because I had forgotten our nightly ritual....Every night before bed, we pray with the girls. We usually pray for them, that they would sleep good, and have good dreams, and that God would bless our family etc. Lately, we've been asking the girls, what should we pray for. And I am amazed at Becca's heart. She insists on praying every night for the cat...for a girl from our church...(why? we are not sure), and for her aunt...(again, why?) and for Mommy and Daddy. It touches me so much that she would be so insistent...if I forget to pray for them, boy, is she quick to remind me...and even as I sing "Jesus loves Me", I have to add everyones name in, otherwise she gets upset. So, I wonder...Why does she have us pray for these people? Does she know something in her spirit that we don't? Maybe...maybe not...at any rate...the request made so simply before God...from such a small child...how He must smile :)

0 comments: