Today Kurt and I were invited to take part in a wonderful experience. A tea party with Becca and Kimmi. We enjoyed cookies, and Rose Petal Tea (don't know where they came up with that??). It was delightful. After we had our treats, we asked them to put on a show for us, sing or whatever...Becca said she needed to pray and sing a song. So we said okay...she prayed that God would help Mommy to feel better, (I didn't go to church this morning) and she asked the Lord to Bless Daddy and Mommy for coming to the tea party, and so on....and she ended it with "In Jesus Name, Amen"....Kurt and I were speechless, and crying like little babies!! We were so proud at that moment..words could not express the joy we felt, that Becca wasn't reciting a prayer she learned in Sunday School, she was actually conversing with God..in her own words...from her heart. Kimmi looked over, and saw that both Kurt and I were teary eyed...and she belts out..."What are ya crying for??"...in her sweet 3yr old voice...It was a great moment, one that I will cherish forever!!

After that, we taught them to play UNO. That was a riot. We went grocery shopping, and Becca serenaded the entire store with praise & worship songs that she had heard in church this morning. She was in the frozen food section singing Hallelujiah....Halleluhiah...over and over...what a sight we were.... :)

Today is just another reminder of how blessed I am to be a Mommy. And how lucky we are to have the opportunity to instill in our children Godly morals, and even more blessed to know that they are actually taking this stuff in, and learning it for themselves. It's neat!! God is cool!

0 comments: