Well, today is Kurt's Birthday. Unfortunately, he had to work, so we didn't get to have a big celebration. I did have to tease him a little, that he was now 29, and I am still a younger 27!! (at least for another month)

Tomorrow is our anniversary. And, as life goes sometimes...he has to work again.....but....Sunday after church we are getting a babysitter for the day, and we are taking off...not sure what the plans are yet, but it doesn't matter, as long as we are together.

Today, I found myself holding my girls a little tighter. Down the hill from our home, there is a little river that people swim and canoe in...a 15 yr old boy drowned today. I watched as they searched for him, with the rescue personnel, and helicopter, and I cried as they found his lifeless body, and loaded him into the ambulance...my prayers are with his family. Life can change in a blink of an eye. You can start your day one way, and have it end tragically different. My heart hurts.

0 comments: